Name and address of the person responsible
The person responsible within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation and other national data protection laws of the member states as well as other data protection regulations is:
Professorship of Open Source Software
Name and address of the Data Protection Officer
Norbert Gärtner, RD
General Information on Data Processing
Scope of the processing of personal data
In principle, we process personal data of our users only to the extent necessary to provide a functional website and our content and services. The processing of personal data of our users takes place regularly only with the consent of the user. An exception applies in cases where prior consent can not be obtained for real reasons and the processing of the data is permitted by law.
Legal basis for the processing of personal data
Insofar as we obtain the consent of the data subject for processing of personal data, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a EU data protection regulation (DSGVO) as legal basis.
In the processing of personal data necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b DSGVO as legal basis. This also applies to processing operations that are necessary to carry out pre-contractual measures.
Insofar as processing of personal data is required to fulfill a legal obligation that is subject to our company, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c DSGVO as legal basis.
In the event that vital interests of the data subject or another natural person require the processing of personal data, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. d DSGVO as legal basis.
If processing is necessary to safeguard the legitimate interests of our company or a third party, and if the interests, fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject do not prevail over the first interest, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO as legal basis for processing.
Data deletion and storage duration
The personal data of the data subject will be deleted or blocked as soon as the purpose of the storage is eliminated. In addition, such storage may be provided for by the European or national legislator in EU regulations, laws or other regulations to which the controller is subject. A blocking or deletion of the data takes place also, if a storage period prescribed by the mentioned norms expires, unless there is a necessity for the further storage of the data for a contract conclusion or a contract fulfillment.
Providing the website and creating logfiles
Description and scope of data processing
Each time our website is accessed, our system automatically collects data and information from the computer system of the calling computer.
The following data is collected here:
- the address (URL) of the web page from which the file was requested
- is the name of the called file
- the date and time of the request
- the amount of data transferred
- the access status (file transfer, file not found, etc.)
- the description of the web browser type or operating system used
- the anonymized IP address of the requesting machine.
The stored data is only needed for technical or statistical purposes; a comparison with other databases or even a transfer to third parties, even in excerpts, does not take place. The data is stored in the log files of our system. Not affected by this are the IP addresses of the user or other data that allow the assignment of the data to a user: Before saving each record is anonymized by changing the IP address. A storage of this data together with other personal data of the user does not take place.
Legal basis for data processing
The legal basis for the temporary storage of data and logfiles is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO.
Purpose of data processing
Temporary storage of the IP address by the system is necessary to allow delivery of the website to the user’s computer. To do this, the user’s IP address must be saved for the duration of the session.
Storage in log files is done to ensure the functionality of the website. In addition, the data is used to optimize the website and to ensure the security of our information technology systems. An evaluation of the data for marketing purposes does not take place in this context.
For these purposes, our legitimate interest in the processing of data according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO.
Duration of storage
The data will be deleted as soon as it is no longer necessary to achieve the purpose of its survey. In the case of the collection of data for the provision of the website, this is the case when the respective session is over.
In the case of storing the data in log files, this is the case after no more than seven days. An additional storage is possible. In this case, the IP addresses of the users are deleted or alienated, so that an assignment of the calling client is no longer possible.
Opposition and disposal option
The collection of data for the provision of the website and the storage of the data in log files is essential for the operation of the website. There is therefore no contradiction on the part of the user.
Legal basis for data processing
The legal basis for the processing of the data is in the presence of a Consent of the user Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR. Legal basis for the processing of the data in the course of a Sent by e-mail, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO. If the e-mail contact aims at the conclusion of a contract, the additional legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b DSGVO.
Purpose of data processing
The contact by e-mail leads to the processing of personal Data from the mail serves. This serves us only for processing the contact. The others processed during the submit process Personal information is used to safeguard our security ensure information technology systems.
Duration of storage
The data will be deleted as soon as it is for the purpose their collection are no longer necessary. For the personal Data that has been sent by e-mail, this is the case if the respective Conversation with the user is finished. Finished is the conversation then, if it can be inferred from the circumstances that the affected Factual conclusion is clarified.
Opposition and disposal option
The user has the opportunity at any time to give his consent to Processing of personal data. Takes the user by email contact us, so he can save his contradict personal data at any time. In such a case the conversation can not continue. All personal data obtained in the course of contacting saved are deleted in this case.
This site uses SSL encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of sensitive content, such as the requests you send to us as the site operator. An encrypted connection is indicated by the browser’s address bar changing from “http: //” to “https: //” and the lock icon in your browser bar.
If SSL encryption is enabled, the data you submit to us can not be read by third parties.
Rights of the person concerned
If you process personal information, you are i.S.d. DSGVO and you have the following rights to the responsible person:
You can request confirmation from the person responsible about whether we process personal data that concerns you.
If such processing is available, you can request information from the person responsible about the following information:
- the purposes for which the personal data are processed;
- the categories of personal data being processed;
- the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data relating to you have been or will be disclosed;
- the planned period of storage of personal data concerning you or, if specific information is not available, criteria for determining the duration of storage;
- the right to rectification or erasure of personal data concerning you, a right to restriction of processing by the person responsible or a right to object to such processing;
- the existence of a right of appeal to a supervisory authority;
- all available information on the source of the data if the personal data are not collected from the data subject;
- the existence of automated decision-making including profiling under Article 22 (1) and (4) GDPR and, at least in these cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, and the scope and intended impact of such processing on the data subject.
You have the right to request information about whether your personal information relates to a third country or an international organization. In this connection, you can request the appropriate guarantees in accordance with. Art. 46 GDPR in connection with the transfer.
This right to information may be limited to the extent that it is likely to render impossible or seriously affect the realization of research or statistical purposes and that the restriction is necessary for the performance of research or statistical purposes.
Right to rectification
You have a right to rectification and / or completion to the person responsible, provided the personal data you process is incorrect or incomplete. The person in charge must make the correction without delay.
Your right of rectification may be limited to the extent that it is likely to render impossible or seriously affect the realization of research or statistical purposes and the restriction is necessary for the performance of research or statistical purposes.
Right to Restrict Processing
You may request the restriction on the processing of personal data concerning you under the following conditions:
- if you contest the accuracy of your personal information for a period of time that enables the controller to verify the accuracy of your personal information;
- the processing is unlawful and you reject the deletion of personal data and instead demand the restriction of the use of personal data;
- the controller no longer needs personal information for the purposes of processing, but you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, or
- if you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 (1) GDPR and it is not yet certain whether the legitimate reasons of the person responsible outweigh your reasons.
If the processing of your personal data has been restricted, your personal data may be stored only with your consent or for the purposes of asserting, exercising or defending legal claims or protecting the rights of another natural or legal person or for the sole purpose of: important public interest of the Union or of a Member State.
If the limitation of the processing after the o.g. If conditions are restricted, you will be informed by the person in charge before the restriction is lifted.
Your right to restriction of processing may be limited to the extent that it is likely to render impossible or seriously affect the realization of research or statistical purposes and the restriction is necessary for the performance of research or statistical purposes.
Right to delete
You may require the controller to delete your personal information without delay, and the controller shall promptly delete that data if one of the following applies:
- Your personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
- You revoke your consent to the processing in accordance with. Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a or Art. 9 para. 2 lit. a DSGVO and there is no other legal basis for processing.
- You place gem. Art. 21 para. 1 DSGVO objection to the processing and there are no prior justifiable reasons for the processing, or you lay gem. Art. 21 (2) GDPR Opposition to processing.
- Your personal data have been processed unlawfully.
- The deletion of personal data concerning you is required to fulfill a legal obligation under Union law or the law of the Member States to which the person responsible is subject.
- The personal data relating to you were collected in relation to information society services offered in accordance with Article 8 (1) GDPR.
Information to third parties
If the person responsible has made the personal data concerning you public and is acc. Article 17 (1) of the GDPR, it shall take appropriate measures, including technical means, to inform data controllers who process the personal data that you have been identified as being affected, taking into account available technology and implementation costs Any person requesting deletion of any links to such personal information or of any copies or replications of such personal information.
The right to delete does not exist if processing is required
- to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information;
- to fulfill a legal obligation which requires processing under the law of the Union or of the Member States to which the controller is subject, or to carry out a task which is in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority conferring on the controller was
- for reasons of public interest in the field of public health pursuant to Art. 9 (2) lit. h and i and Art. 9 (3) GDPR;
- for archival purposes of public interest, for scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes acc. Article 89 (1) GDPR, in so far as the law referred to in the section entitled ‘Discharge’ is likely to render impossible or seriously prejudice the achievement of the objectives of that processing, or
- to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
Right to Information
If you have the right to rectify, delete or limit the processing to the controller, he / she is obliged to notify all recipients to whom the personal data concerning you have been corrected or deleted or that processing is restricted Unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort.
You have a right to the receiver to be informed about these recipients.
You have the right to receive personally identifiable information you provide to the controller in a structured, common and machine-readable format. In addition, you have the right to transfer this information to another person without hindrance by the person responsible for providing the personal data, provided that
- the processing on a consent acc. Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR or Art. 9 para. 2 lit. a DSGVO or on a contract acc. Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b DSGVO is based and
- processing is done by automated methods.
In exercising this right, you also have the right to obtain that personal data relating to you be transmitted directly from one controller to another party, as far as technically feasible. Freedoms and rights of other persons may not be affected.
The right to data portability does not apply to the processing of personal data necessary for the performance of a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority delegated to the controller.
Right of revocation
You have the right at any time, for reasons arising from your particular situation, to prevent the processing of your personal data relating to you, which, pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. e or f DSGVO takes an objection; this also applies to a profiling based on these provisions.
The controller will no longer process the personal data relating to you unless he can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for processing that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing is intended to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
If the personal data relating to you are processed for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of such advertising; this also applies to profiling insofar as it is associated with such direct mail.
If you object to the processing for direct marketing purposes, your personal data will no longer be processed for these purposes.
Regardless of Directive 2002/58 / EC, you have the option, in the context of the use of information society services, of exercising your right to object through automated procedures that use technical specifications.
You also have the right, for reasons related to your particular situation, to process personal data relating to you for scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes. Art. 89 para. 1 GDPR is to be contradicted.
Your right of objection may be limited to the extent that it is likely to render impossible or seriously affect the realization of research or statistical purposes, and that the restriction is necessary for the performance of research or statistical purposes.
Right to revoke the data protection consent declaration
You have the right to revoke your privacy statement at any time. The revocation of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the revocation.
Automated decision on a case-by-case basis including profiling
You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing – including profiling – that will have legal effect or similarly affect you in a similar manner. This does not apply if the decision
- is required for the conclusion or performance of a contract between you and the controller,
- is permitted by Union or Member State legislation to which the controller is subject, and where such legislation contains appropriate measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms and your legitimate interests, or
- with your express consent.
However, these decisions may not be based on specific categories of personal data under Art. 9 (1) GDPR, unless Article 9 (2) lit. a or g DSGVO applies and reasonable measures have been taken to protect the rights and freedoms as well as your legitimate interests.
With regard to the cases referred to in (1) and (3), the person responsible shall take appropriate measures to uphold the rights and freedoms and their legitimate interests, including at least the right to obtain the intervention of a person by the controller, to express his / her own position and belongs to contesting the decision.
Right to complain to a supervisory authority
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you have the right to complain to a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of its place of residence, employment or the place of the alleged infringement, if you believe that the processing concerns you personal data violates the GDPR.
The supervisory authority to which the complaint has been submitted shall inform the complainant of the status and results of the complaint, including the possibility of a judicial remedy under Article 78 of the GDPR.